The difference between artificial leather and genuine leather can be clearly distinguished
Nowadays, many unscrupulous merchants use artificial leather to pretend to be real leather, so many friends want to know the difference between artificial leather and real leather so that they will not be deceived when buying in the future.The difference between artificial leather and real leather
The difference between artificial leather and real leather is mainly compared in four aspects: look, touch, scratch, and burn.
1. Look: Because there are many kinds of craftsmanship between artificial leather and real leather, it is difficult to distinguish from the front. If you carefully observe the frontal texture of the real leather, most of them will be inconsistent, especially for leather products with a relatively large area, but artificial leather products. The textures are all the same, and it is easy to distinguish from the back and side cuts. The side cuts of the leather can see clear leather fibers, while the side cuts of artificial leather have no leather fibers and the backs are mostly mesh structures.
2. Touch: The front of the leather has a clear sensuality to the touch, while the surface of the artificial leather is mostly smooth to the touch. The glossy leather reflected from the surface is mostly matte and soft, while the artificial leather is mostly reflective. bright.
3. Grasping: Leather products feel elastic when grasped by hand, while artificial leather products feel hard.
4. Burning: The burning method is more commonly used by most people and it is easier to identify the smell of animal protein burning when the dermis burns. There will be no task after burning, and artificial leather products are because they are Chemical materials will have a pungent smell when burned and produce hard particles after burning.How to distinguish between artificial leather and real leather
1. Hand feeling: touch the leather surface with your hand, if it is smooth, soft, plump, and elastic, it will feel like real leather; while the general artificial synthetic leather Sorry for the astringency, rigidity, and poor flexibility.
2. Seeing: Observe that the real leather has clear pores and patterns. Yellow cowhide has relatively well-proportioned fine pores, yak skin has thicker and sparse pores, and goat skin has scaly pores. Pigskin has thick triangular pores, while artificial leather, although it also imitates the pores, is not clear.
3. Smell: All real leather has the natural smell of leather; and artificial leather has a strong irritating plastic smell.
4. Ignite: tear off a little fiber from the back of real leather and artificial leather. After lighting, all that emits a pungent smell and lumps are artificial leather; all that emits a hair odor and do not form hard lumps are Genuine Leather.Advantages of artificial leather
In terms of internal microstructure, appearance, texture, physical properties, and people's wearing comfort, it can be comparable to high-grade natural leather. In addition, microfiber synthetic leather surpasses natural leather in terms of chemical resistance, quality uniformity, adaptability to large-scale production and processing, and waterproof and mildew resistance.Classification of artificial leather
1. Polyvinyl chloride artificial leather
It is a mixture composed of polyvinyl chloride resin, plasticizer and other compounding agents. It is a wavy product that is covered or attached to the fabric through a certain processing process. In addition, there are also double-sided polyvinyl chloride artificial leathers with plastic layers on both sides of the substrate.
2. Polyamide artificial leather
It is a plastic product with continuous cell structure by the method of nylon 6 or nylon 66 solution slowly covering the fabric and film.
3. Polyolefin artificial leather
Polyethylene artificial leather is a kind of foam artificial leather. It uses low-density polyethylene resin as the main raw material, mixed with modified resin, crosslinking agent, Products made of lubricants, foaming agents and other components.
4. Polyurethane artificial leather
Polyurethane artificial leather is divided into dry-process polyurethane artificial leather and wet-process polyurethane artificial leather. The so-called dry polyurethane artificial leather refers to a multilayer structure formed by evaporating the solvent of the solvent-based polyurethane resin solution and adding a base cloth to the obtained multilayer film. The wet-process polyurethane artificial leather is a multi-layer structure with good air permeability and moisture permeability, and a continuous porous layer, which is obtained by using solvent-based polyurethane resin and an underwater film-forming method.