How to maintain vegetable tanned leather? A must-have wallet style for retro style
Vegetable tanned leather is a kind of leather that is very hot now. Products made of vegetable tanned leather will become more and more textured over time, which is very amazing. The following editor on No.5 will tell you how to maintain vegetable tanned leather?How to maintain vegetable tanned leather
Although vegetable tanned leather is not as delicate as lambskin and calfskin, it still needs daily maintenance. Let's take a look at how vegetable tanned leather is better maintained!
1. Pay attention to water and dirt in daily use, and avoid contact with hard objects. Original color vegetable tanning, because the color is lighter when it is new, the most likely problem is that it becomes dirty with water or other stains. Tochigi from Japan and Tuscany from Italy are similar to the original color vegetable tanning. There is no coating, so they must be waterproof and stain-proof during use. Although British harness reins, Belgian Legate, Japanese Tipo and Japanese corridor have been deeply processed and have a certain degree of water resistance through surface treatments such as wax dipping, they will still infiltrate if they are too much or too long in water, so they should Use a clean cotton cloth or paper towel as soon as possible to wipe off any water stains on the surface.
2. At the same time, these smooth vegetable tanned leathers need to avoid contact with hard objects. In daily use, the most common killers of scratches are nails and keys. It doesn't take much effort, as long as you don't scratch the leather surface with your nails and don't put it in the bag with scattered keys and other hard objects, it will not be easy to leave scratches.
3. General vegetable tanned leather is recommended to use mink oil for maintenance. A protective film is added to make the leather more moisturized, and the discoloration effect is not as obvious as that of horn oil. Apart from mink oil, I recommend it to my friends. German leather care oil, the main ingredients are natural beeswax and jojoba oil, its advantage is that it is not easy to cause leather to change color, has a good smell, and the leather is also moisturized.Is vegetable tanned leather okay?
Because vegetable tanned leather is generally in the original color, the coating is almost invisible, so the pores are more clearly displayed on the surface, which is why , It is easier to absorb water. Vegetable tanned leather has the effect of dripping and discoloration. The dark color may not be obvious, but the light color and white color are obvious. After the dripping water penetrates quickly, the leather surface will turn red. After a while, the color of the leather will change. Go deeper. With the increase of the use time, the leather surface will gradually become brownish yellow. After a while, the color will stabilize. After maintenance, the gloss of the leather surface is very good, and it becomes the color of old beeswax that many people like to say.
There is nothing magical about discoloration, it is a natural process of leather oxidation. Some people like to say 'padding'. The word patina can be widely used in panyu, zisha teapots, and bracelets, etc. It can also be used on leather, which is a process of water absorption + oxidation. . All leather will change color, but colored or dark leather is not obvious. The discoloration of vegetable tanned leather is obvious. Many vegetable tanned leathers must be made with gloves to avoid uneven color of the finished product. Bags made of vegetable tanned leather often touch the leather surface with human hands. There is sweat and grease on the hands. The skin is easily absorbed when it comes in contact with it. Adding dust and natural oxidation, it will turn brownish yellow or brownish red over time.How to clean up stains on vegetable tanned leather
1. For small areas of stains, my suggestion is-do not deal with them, because after the leather becomes darker, this kind of small stains It will not have a big impact, but will form a special retro style. The best way to deal with it is to quickly pass the early stage by raising cattle.
2. Since vegetable tanned leather easily absorbs moisture and oil-so don't try to wipe it with water when it touches dirty things, it will only turn a small stain into a small stain. If you really care about it, then you can consider buying imported de-film and saddle soap. De-film is like an eraser, which can wipe off the dirt that has not penetrated into the leather and only sticks to it.
3. The use of saddle soap should be cautious. According to experience, it is feasible to use saddle soap to assist the overall cleaning after the leather has been restored to a certain degree, because saddle soap will remove the grease in the leather. Therefore, after cleaning, oil should be used for care. The residual dust of leather goods is not easy to be completely removed from the leather, so the use of local small areas is not recommended.The characteristics of different leathers
(1)Sheep leather: including goatskin and sheepskin;
Goatskin: fine and beautiful grain, good softness, Fastness is not as good as cow leather. Beautiful and comfortable, slightly less durable, mainly used for mid-range leather shoes and leather clothing. Sheep skin: It has better softness than goat skin and worse firmness.
Cattle leather includes yellow cow leather, buffalo leather, yak leather, and yak leather; characteristics of yellow cowhide: fine grain, thick skin, high strength, Its fullness and elasticity are also better. Its characteristic is that the finished product is beautiful to wear, comfortable and durable. Yak cowhide and yak cowhide: the grain is worse than that of yellow cowhide, and other properties are roughly similar; buffalo cowhide: rough surface, loose fibers, lower strength than yellow cowhide, and other properties similar to yellow cowhide.
Pig leather is quite different from cattle and sheep leather. The grain of pig leather is rougher, the fiber is tight and plump, the elasticity is slightly lower, and the strength is similar to that of cattle leather. , Its finished products are durable and have poor aesthetics.
(4) Two-layer leather: (split leather)
In leather processing, thicker animal skins need to be split into several layers through a splitting machine to obtain uniform thickness Leather, and get more leather in quantity. The side of animal skin that grows hair is the first layer of leather, also called grain leather; the layers of leather below the first layer of leather are called two-layer leather, three-layer leather, and four-layer leather. The two-layer suede leather can be used for leather shoes, clothing, and gloves. And soft bags, etc., two-layer shaved, film, and transfer leather are used for leather shoes, leather balls and suitcases.